We invite proposals to lead one of next year’s Pre-Conference Workshops preceding the 2018 EALTA conference at the TestDaF-Institut, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany. The workshops run from Tuesday 22nd May, 2018 (2pm), Wednesday, 23rd (all day) to Thursday 24th May, 2018 (noon). The conference itself starts with the opening reception on Thursday evening and runs until Sunday 27th May, 2018 (noon).
We invite workshop leaders to submit proposals for the following topics, based on feedback from EALTA members:
- Research methods in language testing and assessment
- Statistics: Analysing test results (using Facets, Winsteps, R…)
- Quality assurance: Test construction and item writing
- Speaking assessment: Oral examiner training
- Technology-based assessment
We also invite proposals for workshops on other assessment-related topics.
In your proposal, please briefly outline the following aspects:
- the topic of the workshop;
- the intended learning outcomes;
- the contents that your workshop will cover;
- the methods you will engage the participants in;
- any specific background or prior knowledge you expect the participants to have;
- pre-workshop activities, such as preparatory reading (please state sources);
- the maximum number of participants you would be willing to accept (usually up to 30);
- your suitability to run such a workshop (supported by a very brief CV).
We will reimburse travel costs (within reason), up to three nights’ accommodation (during the workshop period) and provide a per diem at the standard European rate for a maximum of two workshop leaders. You will also be invited to the conference dinner.